Monday 10 November 2014

This blog

The poem I posted yesterday was written in 2010 following a visit to the battlefields and cemeteries of the Somme area in 2009. It was published in Snakeskin in 2010, and included in my 2012 collection The propriety of weeding (Red Squirrel Press, 2012).  I posted it here at the request of a friend on Twitter. I suppose there might have been a techie solution to the 140-character limit, but what I came up with was to post the link to the blog post in the tweet.

However, I'm wondering what to do next with this blog. I've finished more than 100 poems so far in 2014, and many of them have been posted in a private, closed Facebook group as drafts. In a sense that group has taken the place of this blog as a place for posting drafts for comments.

I'm thinking I might convert it to a blog for previously published, copyrighted poems I want to draw attention to. Or I could use it for events, readings and so on - things I don't usually post on my other blog (Sunny Dunny).

So I'll develop my ideas, and eventually make this a public blog again.

No comments:

Post a Comment